- Canadian division of US retailer was experiencing declining sales and margin performance
- Undertook an analysis of the market and competition
- Undertook primary consumer research with customers, lapsed customers and non-customers to understand the retailer vs. competition from a consumer perspective
- Interviewed key retail personnel
- Analyzed store level data to understand impact of store openings, change in merchandise mix, pricing, etc.
- Redefined the Canadian retail strategy
- Determined implications for merchandising, marketing and brand positioning
- Resulted in a return to superior operating performance